Want to try something different with Paratha? Craving for a breakfast that provides instant satiation?
Try this delicious recipe of Palak Paneer Paratha. It’s a perfect recipe for kids & breakfast for all. You can serve these parathas with chutney, pickle or curd.
Learn how to make Palak Paneer Paratha at home and don’t forget to share your feedback in the comments section below.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Rest Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Serve: 6 Parathas
For the dough:
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 bunch Spinach / Palak
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 4-5 Garlic pods
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Water as required
For the Stuffing:
- 100 g Paneer
- 2 tbsp Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- Oil for frying
Method of Preparation:
Palak Puree Recipe:
- Firstly, in a large vessel add enough water and get to boil.
- Get the water to boil. Do not over boil as Palak will lose its nutritious.
- Transfer the blanched Palak into blender without adding water
- Also add in Ginger, Garlic and Chilli. Cool completely.
- Further blend to smooth puree without adding any water
How to make dough:
- In a large bowl take 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Add Carom seeds, Salt, Oil and Palak puree.
- Combine well by making sure the palak gets mixed uniformly.
- Add Water if required and knead to make a soft dough.
- Grease with Oil and cover with moist cloth and rest for 20 minutes.
How to make Stuffing:
- In large mixing bowl, add crumbled Paneer, Onion (Finely Chopped), Cumin Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder (optional), Dry Fenugreek Leaves, Salt to taste, Dry Mango Powder and Fresh Coriander (Chopped).
- Mix everything up well.
- Stuffing is ready!
How to make Palak Paneer Paratha:
- Divide the dough into large lemon sized balls.
- Dust and roll the dough to make a small disc shape.
- Keep 2-3 tbsp of stuffing in the centre of the disc and then bring the ends together and close the openings.
- Dust and roll gently to make a paratha.
- Heat a griddle and apply some oil.
- Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.
- Furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, flip the paratha and cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apply oil, press gently and cook properly.
- Serve hot with butter and pickle or curd.
- Instead of making a spinach puree to add in the flour, you can also finely chop the spinach and add it in the flour and then knead it.
- Also instead of blanching palak, you can also simply make palak puree by adding washed palak in blender along with green chillies and ginger.
- If you are serving kids then skip the green chilli.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.