Restaurant / dhaba style delicious North Indian main course vegetable Paneer Butter Masala. Paneer Butter Masala is also known as Paneer Makhanwala where fresh paneer pieces are cooked in Indian spices. Today I am sharing a very simple, quick and authentic vegetarian Paneer recipe to make at home- Paneer Butter Masala.
Preparation Tme: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
Serve: 4 People
Type: Main Course/ Gravy
- 1 tbsp Oil.
- 2 green cardamoms or elaichi
- 2 Onions, roughly chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 10-12 cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Sambar masala
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji masala
- 1 tbsp Mix masala / Garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
Whole Spices (skip if you don’t have):
- 1 small bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 inch cinnamon piece (dalchini)
- 2 green cardamom (elaichi)
- 2 to 3 cloves (laung)
For Paneer Butter Masala:
- 1/2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Coriander, finely chopped
- Water as required
- 250 gms Paneer
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder (optional, for colour)
- 1/2 tbsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
Method of Preparation:
- Lets prepare masala.
- In a mixer grinder add chopped tomatoes, onions, cashews, sugar, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, sambar masala, pav bhaji masala & mix masala.
- Add bay leaf (tej patta) cinnamon piece (dalchini), cardamom (elaichi) and cloves (laung)
- Grind everything to a smooth paste.
- The masala paste is ready.
How to prepare Paneer Butter Masala:
- In a pan, heat some oil and butter. Let the butter melt.
- Now add the masala paste, coriander leaves and saute everything for some time.
- Add little water if required and mix it well.
- When the gravy starts releasing oil & butter from the sides of pan then it indicates that the gravy is ready!
- So lets stir this and then add some water.
- Now add the Paneer pieces and mix well. ( You can also add fry Panner in it but directly adding gives better taste).
- Add some salt and mix everything well.
- Cover it with a lid and let the gravy cook for 5-10 mins, so that Paneer can cooked nicely.
- Add kasuri methi and again cook for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Paneer Butter Masala is ready.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and butter.
It is best serve with Jeera Rice or any rice , Roti, Naan, Chapati, Paratha.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.