Today I am sharing with you all the Sun Dried Recipe Moong dal vadi. It is generally used in curry or Bhaji. It is protein packed side recipe with rice, paratha or chapati. Generally people bring this from market, but we can make this healthy recipe at home in just few minutes. My mother used to make these moong dal vadi / Mugodi in large quantity (enough for a year) for me and my family, so today I am sharing my mother’s recipe with all of you.
HOW TO MAKE MOONG VADI:
For making Moong Vadi, first wash and soak the green split moong dal for minimum 4 hours. Then grind the dal with Green chillies, Ginger, few Garlic cloves and Cumin seeds. Make a smooth and thick paste without using any water. Transfer the ground dal in large mixing bowl; add salt as per taste and mix well. You can also make plain Moong Vadi by just adding salt and asafoetida if you don’t want to add spices. Now grease a steel plate or a thick plastic sheet and make small sized Moong Vadi.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Soak time: 4 hours
Passive time: 3 days
Serve: 8-10 People
- 1 & 1/2 cup Split Green Gram/ Moong Dal (washed & soaked)
- 5-6 Green Chillies
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 5-6 Garlic Pods
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Wash and soak moong dal for at least 4 hours.
- Drain the excess water and then transfer soaked dal in grinder.
- Grind the soaked dal with, Green chillies, Ginger, Garlic Cloves and Cumin seeds.
- Make a smooth and thick paste without adding any water in it.
- Now transfer ground paste in large mixing bowl.
- Add Salt to taste and mix well.
- Spread a butter paper / plastic sheet or greased plate in sun light (or in a room)
- Take some portion in your hand and drop small dots on the sheet.
- Then let them dry for 2-3 days depending on the sunlight available.
- On second day flip over the Moong Vadi and then dry from another side for about one day.
- When Moong Vadi is well dried, let them store in airtight container for a year and use as required.
How to make Moong Dal Vadi, watch the full video on our YouTube Channel below:
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.