Potato chips (often just chips), or crisps are thin slices of potato that have been either deep-fried or baked until crunchy. They are commonly served as a snack item or this can be a good option for fasting. Let’s make this easy and instant Potato chips recipe with Recipe Theatre.
Preperation Time: 30 minutes
Soak Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Types: Snacks / Fasting / Sun-Dried Recipe
- 2 kg Potatoes
- Water (as required)
- Alum / Turti (2 tbsp)
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Take 2 kg Potatoes and wash them really good under running water.
- Peel the potatoes and keep in water.
- Take water in a pan and add alum powder. Stir well.
- Take a slicer and make the slices of potatoes with slicer. Do not make too thin slices.
- Make little thick and even slices. Slice directly into alum water.
- Now drain the water and soak in fresh water by adding 1 tsp alum powder again.
- Soak Potato chips in lots of water so that potatoes should float in water.
- Cover and rest it over night.
- If you don’t have much time and want to make wafers immediately, then rest it for at least an hour.
- Next day drain all water and add fresh water again.
- Meanwhile boil sufficient water in pan and add salt. Stir well.
- Once water starts boiling add potato slices into water.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes. Check in between and once they cooked up to 60-70% turn off the flame.
- Take out the cooked potato chips on strainer and let it cool.
- Spread all the wafers on cotton cloth and sundry under hot sun.
- Dry for 4-5 hours, flip over and dry from other side. It takes 1- 2 days for wafer to dry completely.
- You can store wafers in air tight container or carry bag when these are completely dried.
- These can remain good for about a year. You can fry them whenever required.
Watch full video on YouTube:
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.