Today I am sharing with you all the Sun Dried Recipe Gajarache Sandage. In Vidarbha region it is generally serve with khichdi
Generally people bring this from market, but we can make this healthy recipe at home in just few minutes. My mother used to make these Gajarache Sandage in large quantity (enough for a year) for me and my family. You can also try this recipe at home and share your experience in comment box.
Benefits of eating Carrots:
It is highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. They also have a number of health benefits. They’re a weight-loss-friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Passive time: 2-3 days
Serve: 4-5 People
- 500 Gms Carrots (Washes, Peeled & Grated)
- 2 Tomatoes (Well ripe & finely chopped)
- 3-4 Green Chilies (Finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder (as per taste)
- Coriander Leaves (Finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE GAJARACHE SANDAGE:
Grate the carrots, add all the above ingredients and mix well. Excess juices will come out while tapping the sticks and they will be tied and rounded. Then dry the sprats in the sun. Fry in hot oil and serve with khichdi.
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the Carrots, peel the skin and grate them.
- Now add chopped Tomatoes, Coriander leaves, Green chilli, Cumin seeds, Sesame seeds, Red Chilli Powder and Salt.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread a plastic sheet in sun light (or in a room)
- Take some portion of Carrot mixture in your hand and shape them round but hollow (Sandage).
- Excess juice will come out while tapping the sticks and they will be tied and rounded.
- Then dry all the Sandage in the sun on the sheet.
- Let them dry for 2-3 days depending on the sunlight available.
- On second day flip over the Gajarche Sandage and then dry from another side for about one day.
- When Gajarche Sandage is well dried, let them store in airtight container for a year and use as required.
- Fry in hot oil and serve with khichdi.
Watch full recipe on our YouTube Channel:
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.