Matar Pattice | Green Peas Potato Cutlet with detailed photo and video recipe.
It is an easy, healthy- tasty snack or Tikki recipe made with grated Green-peas and boiled potatoes. The recipe is very similar to the popular Aloo Tikki which is just made with potatoes, but this recipe contains green-peas stuffed within potato Tikki.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 6 Patties
For Potato Mixture:
- 4 Potatoes ( boiled & mashed)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Green chilli & Ginger paste
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil for greasing
For Green Peas Mixture:
- 1 ½ cups Fresh Green Peas
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil + for deep frying
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- Water as required
Method of Preparation:
How to make Green Peas Mixture:
- Firstly heat water for boiling in a non-stick pan, add salt and fresh green peas.
- Let it cook for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Drain and refresh it in cold water.
- Drain and grind into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan; add cumin seeds, fennel seeds, green chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute till onion turns pink.
- Add green pea mixture, garam masala and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer on to a plate and allow it to cool down completely.
How to make Potato Mixture:
- Take potatoes in a bowl, add salt, ginger green chilli paste and breadcrumbs.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
How to make Patties:
- Grease your palms with little oil; take a portion of the potato mixture.
- Flatten slightly making sure there is enough space and make a dent in the centre.
- Add a spoonful of green pea mixture.
- Bring the edges together and shape them into a patty.
- Make all the patties likewise.
How to prepare slurry:
- Take 2 tbsp corn flour in bowl.
- Add water, mix well and make thin slurry.
- Dip the prepared patty in the slurry and roll them in breadcrumbs evenly, again dip it into the slurry and coat it in breadcrumbs evenly.
- Heat sufficient oil in a Kadhai.
- Deep fry the patty until golden brown from all sides.
- Drain off on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.