Fresh Turmeric is an ingredient full of medicinal properties and this pickle recipe will give it a aromatic flavour!
Fresh turmeric pickle recipe is one of the simplest pickles.
Turmeric not only stimulates digestion, but also has other health-promoting properties. It can be eaten raw and is a key ingredient in curry powder.
Chutneys & Pickles are heart & soul of Indian kitchen and can enthusiastic any boring meal. Kachi Haldi Ka Achar is a simple recipe prepared with fresh Turmeric, Ginger, mixed with few spices , Lemon Juice & a little oil.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serve: 1 Bowl
- 250 gm Fresh Raw Turmeric Roots / (ओली हळद)
- 1/2 cup grated Ginger
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 cup Oil (heated)
Method of Preparation:
- Rinse the turmeric roots first in water.
- Then peel the dark skin and grate them manually or with the help of food processor.
- Extract the juice from the lemons and keep aside.
- Now heat up the pan and then add Mustard Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds and Fennel Seeds.
- Dry roast it on low flame for 2 mins to remove the moisture.
- Into blender; add roasted Mustard seeds, Fenugreek Seeds and Fennel Seeds.
- Grind the spices to a coarse powder and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl; add grated Fresh Turmeric, grated Ginger, Coarse Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Salt, Lemon Juice, Asafoetida and hot Oil.
- Mix everything up well so that the spices and nicely coated.
- Close with a lid and set aside for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours give it a nice mix again and adjust salt & oil if needed.
- Now, transfer the pickle to a glass jar. Try to use a glass or ceramic container to store the pickle.
- You can leave the pickle for a day or 2 at room temperature on your kitchen counter and then refrigerate for longer use.
- Remember to stir the pickle once a day for a couple of days so that all the juices released will be mixed evenly.
- This turmeric pickle stays good for about 2 months in the refrigerator.
- This delicious tangy pickle is a good accompaniment to papad, roti, paratha or with rice.
- Turmeric pickle also goes very well with curd rice!!
Many more to come!!…..STAY TUNED!!
Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel for latest video alerts!!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #recipetheatre
Happy Cooking !
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.