Kothimbir vadi is a Maharashtrian recipe. It is a delicious crispy snack made from coriander and Gram Flour (Besan).
To prepare kothimbir vadi is very simple. You need to steam the mixture, slice it and then fry the steamed slices. If you are on diet, you can even skip the frying part and have the steamed Vadi as it is. It tastes delicious even when not fried.
Alternatively you can temper these steamed Kothimbir Vadi with some oil, sesame seeds and asafoetida. Then garnish with fresh grated coconut.
Do try this easy and simple recipe and leave a comment for me in the comment box below. Do not forget to like, share and Follow my website.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serve: 14 Vadi (depends upon size)
- 1 bunch of Coriander leaves
- 1 cup Besan / Gram flour
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Groundnut Powder
- 1 tbsp Green chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Curd (if required)
- Oil for frying
Method of Preparation:
- Take a bunch of coriander leaves.
- Remove yellow or rotten leaves. Separate the stalks and leaves.
- Rinse coriander leaves very well. Drain the extra water and finely chop them. Spread the coriander on a towel or clean cloth and let it dry completely.
- Transfer finely chopped coriander leaves in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Besan, Corn flour, Sesame seeds, Groundnut Powder, Green chilli Paste, Ginger-garlic Paste.
- Next add Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Cumin seeds, Salt to taste and Asafoetida.
- Mix everything well together without adding water.
- Now add Curd and make thick dough. If you don’t want to use Curd you can add very little Water in parts (4-5 tbsp Water).
- Apply Oil and make the dough even.
- Make cylindrical shape rolls from the dough.
- Take steamer and heat up about one and half cup water in it.
- Take steamer plate and grease it really good with oil.
- Put the kothimbir vadi rolls in it.
- Cover with a lid and steam on a low to medium flame for about 10-15 minutes.
- After steaming, take the vadi out and let it cool down.
- Cut the rolls into pieces.
- Heat up oil and drop vadi into it. Fry the vadi until light golden brown from both sides.
- You can shallow fry the vadi or can have the steamed vadi too.
- The coriander leaves should be dry. If any water is left in coriander more Besan will be absorbed in it and the vadi won’t be crispy. So make sure to dry the coriander completely.
- Corn Flour absorbs excess moisture quickly and helps in making the vadi crispier.
- You can use Rice Flour instead of Corn Flour.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.