Learn how to make OIL-FREE Stuff Okra/ Bhendi. This steam stuffed Bhendi is a very tasty and nutritiously healthy authentic recipe. Especially it is a very good recipe for the people who are suffering from heart disease. The zero oil use in the recipe and Bhendi’s low calories & high dietary fibre property make this recipe more favourable for the people who want to lose weight.
Indian Spiced Stuffed Okra is a lip smacking entry dish, with a dramatic combination of spices and groundnuts powder filled delicately into fresh slit okra. Stuffed Okra never fails to be a mealtime pleaser, and your family will love you for serving this up.
This recipe is quick and easy to make. Must try!
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serve: 4 People
Type: Main Course
- 150 Gms Ladyfinger/ Okra
- 2 tbsp Dry Roasted Coconut
- 2 tbsp Roasted Groundnut Powder
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Coriander Leaves
Method of Preparation:
How to make Stuffing:
- In large mixing bowl; add Dry roasted Coconut (or desiccated coconut powder) and crush it with hands.
- Add Roasted Groundnut powder, Gram Flour, Ginger-garlic Paste, Dry Mango Powder, Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Sugar, Salt, Asafoetida and Coriander Leaves.
- Mix everything up well and stuffing is ready.
How to Stuff Okra:
- Wash the Okra (Bhendi) and let it dry.
- Then cut ends of Okra and make a slit in each Bhendi lengthwise without cutting through the entire length.
- Cut all the Okra’s.
- Take Okra and stuff the prepared masala into it.
- Repeat the process and stuff all the Okra’s with masala.
How to Steam Okra:
- Add Water in Steamer.
- Put all Stuffed Okra on steamer plate.
- Cover with lid and let it steam for 10 minutes or cook it until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve hot with Roti, Chapati or enjoy with Khichdi.
Watch full recipe of Oil-Free Stuffed Okra:
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.