Gopal Kala is observed during the eighth day of the Krishna Paksha (waxing phase of moon) in Shravan month. The day falls after the Shri Krishna Jayanti day in Maharashtra. The Gopal kala name for Dahi Handi festival comes from a dish prepared on the festival day.
Today I am sharing with you all, Krishna Janmashtami Special Authentic and Traditional Gopal Kala. It is a quick and simple recipe that can be used as Prasad or Snacks as well. It is oil-free healthy and tasty recipe.
Janmashtami, the birth of Lord Krishna is celebrated all over India. In Maharashtra, people make a human pyramid, the person on top breaks the earthen pot filled with curd called Dahi Handi.
On the occasion of Janmashtami, the devotees of Krishna prepare every favorite dish of the Lord. Then at midnight of Janmashtami, these delicious dishes are offered to Lord Krishna to welcome him. These include varieties of sweets and dairy products. One of them is the luscious Gopalkala, prepared with flattened rice, curd, split chickpeas and cucumber.
Try this recipe at home. I hope you all will like this recipe.
Thanks in advance, please Like, Share, Comment and Follow to my Website.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Serve: 5-6 People
- 2 tbsp Split Chickpeas (Soaked)
- 2 tbsp Cucumber (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate
- 2 tbsp Apple (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- 1 cup Flattened Rice (soaked)
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 1/2 cup Popped Rice
- Sugar as per sweetness
- Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pickle
- 1 tbsp Mango Pickle (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- To begin Gopal Kala Janmashtami Recipe, soak Split Chickpeas in water for about 4-5 hours.
- Now drain complete water from Split Chickpeas and keep aside in the strainer for a minute.
- Take a large mixing bowl; add Split Chickpeas, Cucumber, Pomegranate, Apple, Green Chillies and Salt to taste.
- Mix everything up well.
- Next soak Flattened Rice in water for about 1-2 minutes, the variety of Flattened Rice used required just about 2 minutes softening.
- Once Flattened Rice softens, drain all the water and keep aside in the strainer for a minute until all water is drained off.
- Add soaked Flattened Rice, Curd, Popped Rice and Sugar in prepared mixture.
- Mix everything nicely.
- After that add fresh Coriander, Lemon Pickle and Mango Pickle.
- Give everything a nice mix.
- Gopal Kala is ready to serve. Happy Janmashtami Everybody!
- Make sure not to use thin Poha otherwise the dish can turn mushy.
- You can use Jower Lahya instead of Dhanachya lahya.
- You can also use fresh Grated Coconut.
Recipe_Theatre wishes you a healthy and prosperous Janmashtami. Enjoy your Gopalkala, and enjoy this auspicious day. I hope you guys are doing good, stay updated on recipetheatre.in for further updates.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.