Lord Krishna Janmashtami is one of the most awaited festivals in India. The celebrations are incomplete without some sweet offerings to Lord Krishna. One traditional sweet that is prhow to prepare sunthvada,epared on this occasion is Sunthavada. You can prepare this delicious Prasad to offer to Lord Krishna Janmashtami with this easy recipe.
Janmashtami – birth of Lord Krishna is celebrated all round India in different way. In Maharashtra, on this auspicious day during the pooja of Lord krishna this is very important Naivedya without which Janmashtami pooja is incomplete. People keep fast for whole day and break it only after the Krishna birth at 12 midnight
This Krishna Janmashtami, prepare delicious Sunthavada at home and offer to Lord Krishna.
Sunthwada is mainly made with Dry Ginger, dry Coconut, Sugar, Rock Sugar & Dry Fruits.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serve: 1 Bowl
Type: Dessert / Prasad
- 7-8 Dry Dates (Chopped)
- 10-12 Cashew nuts
- 10-12 Almonds
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Rock Sugar
- 2 tbsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 2-3 Cardamom Pods
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1/2 cup Dry Coconut (Grated)
- 1 tbsp Clarified Butter
- 1 tbsp Edible Gum
Method of Preparation:
- Heat a pan; add chopped Dry Dates, Cashew nuts and Almonds.
- Roast them on low flame for few seconds to remove the moisture and keep aside.
- Take Carom Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Poppy Seeds and Sesame Seeds in pan and roast them also for few seconds on low flame and keep aside.
- Roast Raisins to remove moisture in it.
- Roast dry Coconut on low flame till turns light brown and keep aside
- Heat the pan and add Clarified Butter.
- Now add Edible Gum and fry it on low flame.
- In grinder, add Sugar & Rock Sugar. Grind it.
- Now add Edible Gum and all roasted ingredients (except Coconut and Raisins) in powdered Sugar and again grind it.
- Transfer this powder to bowl. Add Raisins, Dry Ginger Powder and roasted Coconut in this mixture.
- Mix everything up well.
- Sunthavada is read. Put a holy Basil leaves on it and offer it to Lord Krishna.
- As all the ingredients are roasted you can store it in dry airtight container for at least 1 month.
- It is also given to women after delivery as it very healthy and nutritious.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.