Trending the charts of Juice Bars this monsoon season is the Jamun Shots. Sure shot hit for Jamun lovers. With the right mix of flavours, Jamun Shots has always been everyone’s favourite. The Jamun Shots recipe is very simple and can be preparing at home in very few minutes.
Jamun is a beneficial fruit. Jamun, or Indian blackberry is loaded with nutrients that collectively work toward improving health. Here are some interesting health benefits of jamun you must know.
- Increases immunity
- Weigh Loss
- Digestion & Oral Health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
When I was in Ahmedabad, I got a chance to visit to Manek Chowk near Lal Darwaja. Manek Chowk is famous for street food like Khau galli in Mumbai. Here I have tasted Ice-cream sandwich, Rajwadi chass, Pavbhai, Noodles, those were too tasty, mouth watering and economical in cost.
While roaming in Manek Chowk I came cross one stall where I first time I found something different which is never seen before the amazing “Jamun Shots”.
This weekend I went to market to buy fruits/ vegetables. I found Jamuns (Black Berry) in the shop, while looking at these beautiful Jamun I went back in the memories of Jamun Shots. I have insisted my husband to buy Jamuns to make Jamun Shots at home.
It gives me immense pleasure and excitement to share this delicious & rarely known recipe with you all.
There are varieties of flavours in shots, but the flavour of Jamun is totally different! Shots give relaxation and relief!
I hope you will try this recipe at home. Enjoy the Jamun shots!!!
Preparation Time: 15-20 mins
Serve: 5-6 People
Type: Beverages/ Drinks
For Jamun Shots:
- 250 gms Jamun (Indian blackberry)
- 5-6 ice cubes (more can be added to adjust consistency)
- 1 tsp black Salt
- 1 tsp mint powder / 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar ( Adding of sugar can be avoided if Jamun shot is serve to diabetic person)
- Shot glasses
- 1 tbsp juice
- 2-3 tbsp salt
Shot Glass Preparation:
- Dip brim of shot glass in lemon juice.
- Now place the glass upside down in the salt plate so that salt sticks to the brim where lemon juice is applied.
- Keep the prepared shot glasses aside.
Method of Preparation:
- Let’s start with the process.
- Wash Jamuns 2-3 times with water and clean them.
- Now deseed the Jamuns to extract pulp from them.
- In a blender, add Jamun pulp, ice cubes, sugar, lemon juice, black salt and mint powder / mint leaves.
- Blend together till you get thick viscous consistency.
- Pour the Jamun mixture in the shot glasses and enjoy the shots.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.