Gajar Barfi is like Gajar halwa and it can be served as dessert. Barfi is rich in Vitamin A, which is good for health, especially for your eyes.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Serve: 15 Pieces ( depends on size )
Type: Sweet / Dessert
- 4 cups of grated Carrot.
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup milk and 2 tbsp coconut powder (optional)
- 1 cup milk powder.
- 1/3 cup sugar or add as required
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Dry fruits (Cashew nuts, Almonds)
- 1/2 tsp ghee for greasing plate or tray
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat the Pan and add 2 tbsp ghee.
- Add 4 cups grated Carrot and mix it well.
- Then saute it on low to medium flame, till cooked.
- Add 1 cup milk and 2 tbsp of coconut powder. Let them cook for 5 mins.
- Now add 1 cup milk powder and mix it well. Saute for a minute.
- Then add 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder.
- Mix the sugar and cardamom powder with the rest of the ingredients as well ( Dry fruits)
- The mixture will loosen up as the sugar melts. Continue to saute with frequent stirrings for about 10 minutes on a low to medium flame.
- For dense consistency in the Barfi, you can cook it another 10 mins.
- When the mixture thickens, turn off the flame.
Setting Carrot Barfi:
- Grease a plate or tray with 1/2 tsp ghee.
- Pour the mixture in the greased plate and spread it with spatula.
- Add chopped dry fruits on top and gently press them with a spatula on the mixture (halwa).
- Keep it in fridge for 10 mins and after setting Barfi take out it from fridge.
- Cut it into pieces in any shape and size you want.
Your Gajar Barfi is ready to serve. Enjoy the dessert.
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.