Homemade Dry Soya Chaap – Veg Starter. It is a fantastic protein source for the vegetarians. Soya Chaap is quite a popular street food across the Northern Region of India, especially in Delhi.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Boiling Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Type: Starter / Snacks
1 cup Soya chunk, soaked (8 hours), 1 cup Soya chunks, boiled, Water as required, 1 cup chopped Onion, Chopped Coriander leaves, Chopped Mint Leaves (or Mint Powder) ,1/2 tsp Salt, 1 cup All-Purpose Flour ( Maida), 1 tbsp Oil, 1 tbsp Butter and Chaat masala.
1 cup Curd & 2 tbsp Fresh Cream, 2 tbsp Red Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 1 tsp Garam Masala powder, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1 tbsp Gram flour (Besan), Juice of 1/2 lemon.
In a bowl add curd, fresh cream, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt, gram flour, lemon juice, mix well and our marination is ready.
Method of Preparation:
- Add soya chunk (soaked and boiled), some water in mixer and grind it into a fine paste. Pour it in a bowl.
- Add onion, coriander leaves, mint leaves, salt and all purpose flour to the soya pastes and knead it into firm dough.
- Apply some oil on the palm and make small balls of the mixture.
- Heat water in a vessel, add the soya balls and boil them for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chaaps in a plate and let them cool down.
- Transfer them into the marinade and coat them.
- Heat a pan, add oil, butter and fry the marinated soya chaaps.
- Take out the chaap on a plate. Tasty Soya Chaap’s are ready.
Watch the full recipe- Soya Chaap:
Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy!!
Don’t forget to like and share.